Friday, March 2, 2012

TIE #1

The begging steps of Voice Tread....


All the fuss and all the russ, all the hours and all the power, yet I still have no real idea for this Voice Thread. I know that in order to make it easy for me I spoke to my CT and informed her that I wanted to do my VT on Language Arts. In my head you can tie Language Arts into any subject and any activity. Yet, I wonder if I have set myself up for a mistake. I want my VT to be interactive. I want my students to be "wowed" and for people who visit the VT to be impressed, but I've come to a pause. I DON"T KNOW WHAT TO DO! I'm at a lost and it feels like each example that I see I begin to only dig myself into a bigger rut. Here I thought, O this assignment will be a piece of cake.Cake, that has taken weeks to make! 


I think I have all the right ingredients, I mean I know what I am going to focus on... Language Arts. I also know that I want my students to work in groups and to have a few "professional VT assistants", who will aid the rest of the class in commenting on VT. I know how to use the tools in VT, but I am still a bit lost as to what material to cover and how.  My CT has not yet given me any direction as to what the students will be covering during my lesson so that has me at a pause as well. For the mean time I have constructed this lesson plan with this idea. I have included a MI table to help me along the way as well as some affordances. 


HOT questions and Bloom questions will be asked but I have not been able to try to construct any due to the fact that I have not yet been told what the students will be learning. In time I am sure that the whole thing will turn out quite fine. As for now, I am still awaiting further instruction. Once I have more, I will post via comments :)

1 comment:

  1. Found out what my lesson was going to be over. CONTRACTIONS! now to play around with some ideas of how to implement them into voice-thread. Maybe students will have to use doddle to locate contractions within sentences, maybe we can sing a song. Ideas welcomed

    ReplyDelete